Every day, adherents of this method of nutrition are becoming more and more. There are hundreds of opinions on this subject, both positive and negative. Let's figure out how vegetarianism affects the female body during pregnancy?
During this period, the needs of the female body in all kinds of nutrients are rapidly increasing. A woman needs more calcium, folic acid, protein, and iron. However, keep in mind that in this case the need for calories almost does not increase. The required rate increases by only 300 calories per day. It is for this reason that a pregnant woman needs to wisely and rationally approach the selection of her diet and food.
Some doctors claim that vegetarian diet, which is based on healthy and nutritious foods, would be a very smart choice. Here's what a vegetarian woman is advised to include in the menu:
- Cereals, cereals, bread.
- Green vegetables.
- Other fruits and vegetables.
- Seeds, nuts, wheat germ.
What is important to consider during pregnancy?
1. Avoid sudden jumps in weight - weight should not be gained sharply, but gradually. The norm is 1300-1800 grams during the 1st trimester of pregnancy. And 1300-1900 grams each subsequent month for the next trimesters.
2. Visit your doctor regularly.
3. Limit your intake of “empty” calories found in sugary foods.
4. Do not forget to count calories.
It is necessary to pay attention to the sufficient content of vitamins and minerals in the diet:
- B 12 (seaweed, cereals, soy milk (regular milk - for non-strict vegetarians).
- Calcium (vegetables with dark green leaves, soy cheese, tofu, kale, beans, broccoli, figs, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, almonds, cereals and juices, dairy products (if you are not on a strict vegetarian diet).
- Vitamin D (You can find ready-made breakfast cereals that enrich with a number of vitamins. However, the human body is also capable of producing this vitamin. With direct exposure to sunlight - at least 20-30 minutes. 2-3 times a week).
- Iron (leafy vegetables, legumes, dried fruits, nuts (most of all in walnuts and hazelnuts), beets, seeds, buckwheat).
- Squirrels. The need for this element during pregnancy increases by about 30 percent. Whole grains, legumes, vegetables, nuts and seeds - these products are very rich in protein.
However, choosing this style of nutrition, a woman should be aware that there are a number of substances that are not found in plant foods. Of course, the centuries-old experience of observing vegetarians claims that this is not an obstacle in order to bear and give birth to healthy offspring. So, what exactly you need to decide what kind of food style to choose. And is it worth changing your usual vegetarian cuisine during pregnancy.