The composition of Vilprafen is as follows:
- one tablet contains 500 mg josamycin;
- suspension (10 ml) contains 300 mg josamycin.
In addition, Vilprafen contains auxiliary ingredients: microcrystalline cellulose, cellulose, polysorbate 80, colloidal anhydrous silica, sodium carboxymethyl cellulose, magnesium stearate, talc, titanium dioxide (E171), macrogol 6000, poly (ethacrylate methyl methacrylate) -30%, aluminum hydroxide.
The drug is available in the form of coated tablets. The blister pack contains 10 such tablets. Packaging is placed in a cardboard box. How many pills are in the package, so much in a pack.
Also, the drug is available in the form of a suspension. Contained in dark glass bottles, 100 ml in a bottle. The set includes a measuring cup. The suspension in the bottle is contained in a cardboard box.
Suppositories with this active ingredient are also produced.
The remedy is antibioticwhich belongs to the macrolide group. It has a bacteriostatic effect on the body, which is due to the inhibition of protein synthesis by bacteria. If a high concentration of the drug is noted in the focus of the inflammatory process, it has a pronounced bactericidal effect.
High activity of the active substance is observed in relation to a number of intracellular microorganisms: Chlamydia pneumonuae, Chlamydia trachomatis, Mycoplasma hominis, Mycoplasma pneumoniae, Legionella pneumophila, Ureaplasma urealyticum. Also, the drug acts on gram-positive aerobic bacteria:Streptococcus pyogenes, Staphylococcus aureus, Corynebacterium diphtheriae, Streptococcus pneumoniae (pneumococcus). Gram-negative aerobic bacteria observed Haemophilus influenzae, Neisseria gonorrhoeae, Bordetella pertussis, Neisseria meningitidisas well as some anaerobic bacteria Peptostreptococcus, Clostridium perfringens, Peptococcus.
Wilprafen's activity in relation to Treponema pallidum.
Pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics
After oral administration, rapid absorption of a substance from the gastrointestinal tract is noted. The highest concentration of the drug is achieved 1-2 hours after ingestion. After 45 minutes after taking the drug in a dose of 1 g, the average concentration of josamycin in the blood plasma is 2.41 mg / l.
The active substance binds to blood proteins by no more than 15%. If the drug is taken at an interval of 12 hours, a sufficient concentration of josamycin is maintained in the tissues throughout the day. After 2-4 days, an equilibrium of its content is achieved.
Josamycin is able to easily penetrate through membranes. It accumulates in the lymphatic, lung tissue, palatine tonsils, urinary organs, and also in soft tissues.
The highest concentration of the drug is observed in the tonsils, saliva, lungs, sweat, lacrimal fluid.
Biotransformation of josamycin occurs in the liver, as a result of which it turns into less active metabolites.
It is mainly excreted from the body with bile, less than 20% of the substance is excreted in the urine.
Indications for use
Before starting treatment, you should definitely consult a doctor and read the annotation, which describes what the pills are from.
Indications for use are as follows:
- Infectious diseases that provoke inflammatory processes that were caused by microorganisms with high sensitivity to the drug.
- Infectious diseases of the ENT organs and upper respiratory tract (used for sore throat, pharyngitis, tonsillitis, sinusitis, laryngitis, otitis media).
- Lower respiratory tract infections (with pneumonia, acute bronchitis, whooping cough, bronchopneumonia).
- Infections of the oral cavity (for diseases periodontal, gingivitis).
- Infections of the skin and soft tissues (with furuncles, pyoderma, lymphadenitis and etc.)
- Infections of the genitourinary organs (with chlamydiaat ureaplasma, gonorrhea, urethritis, prostate and etc.)
- It is used in the treatment of diphtheria in addition to diphtheria antitoxin therapy.
- People with hypersensitivity to penicillin are prescribed for scarlet fever.
You can not take the drug in the following cases:
- with hypersensitivity to antibiotics macrolides;
- with severe violations in the functions of the liver.
The following side effects are noted during treatment with this agent:
- In the functions of the digestive system: manifestations of nausea are rarely observed, heartburnvomiting diarrhea. With severe persistent diarrhea, severe pseudomembranous colitis may develop due to the effect of antibiotics on the body.
- Hypersensitivity reactions rarely develop: allergic reactions on the skin are very rare.
- In the functions of the liver and biliary tract: sometimes there is a transient increase in the activity of liver enzymes in blood plasma, which may be accompanied by a violation of the outflow of bile, subsequent jaundice.
- Dose-dependent hearing impairment is rarely observed.
Instructions for use of Vilprafen (Method and dosage)
The antibiotic is taken in the following way. Adults and adolescents who are already 14 years old take 1-2 g of the drug in two to three doses. It is recommended to start with a dose of 1 g.
In the treatment of chlamydia, 500 mg should be taken twice a day for 12-14 days. Rosacea therapy involves taking a 1000 mg drug, which should be divided into two doses per day. The treatment lasts 10 days.
Dosage to be taken pills with a number of other diseases, only the attending physician determines taking into account the individual characteristics of the disease. But basically the course of treatment lasts at least 10 days.
Instruction on Wilprafen Solutab provides that the drug can be taken in different ways: you can take a tablet with water, or before dissolving in 20 ml of water. The suspension that formed after dissolving the tablet must be mixed very carefully.
Wilprafen tablets need to be swallowed whole. Often patients are interested in how to take before or after meals. The instructions indicate that tablets must be swallowed between main meals.
To date, there is no data on overdose and symptoms of drug poisoning. If an overdose occurs, the appearance of those signs that are described as side effects of the drug may occur.
Speaking about the interaction with other drugs, it should be borne in mind that Vilprafen is an antibiotic. Before using any drug, it is imperative to determine whether it is an antibiotic or not.
If vilprafen is prescribed simultaneously with antihistamines, which contain terfenadine or astemizole, sometimes the process of excretion of these substances slows down, which ultimately leads to the manifestation of cardiac arrhythmiaslife-threatening.
With the simultaneous appointment of vilprafen with ergot alkaloids vasoconstriction may increase. Therefore, in this case, careful monitoring of the patient's condition is needed.
Concomitant use of josamycin and cyclosporine provokes a rise in the level of cyclosporine in blood plasma. Also, a nephrotoxic concentration of cyclosporin is noted in the blood. With such treatment, it is necessary to constantly monitor the plasma concentration of cyclosporine.
If you take Vilprafen and Digoxin, may increase the level of digoxin in blood plasma.
When taking Vilprafen with hormonal contraceptives the effect of the latter may be reduced. In such a situation, the use of additional non-hormonal contraceptives is recommended.
Terms of sale
It is sold only by prescription.
Belongs to the list B. It is necessary to store drugs in a dark place, at a temperature of no more than 25 ° C. The drug should be protected from children.
Vilprafen can be stored for 4 years.
People suffering renal failure, it is necessary to take into account the results of laboratory tests during treatment.
It is necessary to take into account the possibility of resistance to different macrolide antibiotics.
AnalogsMatches for ATX Level 4 code:EkositrinAzitsinRovamycinAzitRusSafocideClarithromycinSumamed ForteClarbactAzithromycinAzitro SandozSumamedZ-factorAzitralAzimedAzicideSpiramycin VeroZitrolideEcomedMacropenKlacid SR
Analogs of Vilprafen 500 mg, having the same active substance, are not sold in pharmacies. What can replace this drug, should be determined only by a doctor. The substitute is selected taking into account the individual characteristics of the course of the disease.
Analogues of the drug are drugs that belong to the macrolide group. This group includes erythromycin, clarithromycin, azithromycin, roxithromycin, spiramycin. The price of analogues can be both higher and lower than the cost of Vilprafen. Analogs of Wilprafen Solutab are similar.
Often patients are interested in what Vilprafen differs from Wilprafen Solutab. What is the difference between these drugs, due to their form of release. Vilprafen is an ordinary film-coated tablet. Wilprafen Solutab is a soluble tablet that has a sweet taste and fruity aroma. They can be taken both in tablet form or in suspension.
Vilprafen for children under 14 years of age is used as a suspension. Vilprafen 1000 mg Solutab can be dissolved in water to prepare a suspension. If treatment with the drug is prescribed for children, the dosage is as follows: 30-50 mg per 1 kg of body weight is divided into three doses. Suspension for children under three months of age is dosed according to the exact weight of the child. Why pills are used, and whether they should be used for treatment, should be consulted with a doctor.
If alcohol and Vilprafen are combined, then as a result, a person may experience a variety of disorders in the digestive system. Alcohol and antibiotics when combined can provoke a manifestation of hepatotoxic effects. In addition, this combination can be a trigger for the development of cirrhosis. Even one-time use is not necessary to combine Vilprafen and alcohol, since when used together with alcohol, reviews indicate that a person's well-being can worsen.
Josamycin should not be prescribed simultaneously with bacteriostatic antibiotics, since their bactericidal effect may decrease.
You can not combine Vilprafen with Lincomycin, since the effectiveness of both drugs decreases.
During pregnancy and lactation
Wilprafen 500 mg and Wilprafen Solutab during pregnancy and also during lactation can be prescribed after the doctor carefully assesses the risk and benefits of such treatment. The doctor weighs what consequences are possible after using this drug, and only then prescribes a course of treatment. During pregnancy, Vilprafen can be used to treat chlamydia. However, if during the course of such treatment, side effects during pregnancy are noted, which the instruction speaks of, it is necessary to stop treatment. Assessing the reception of Vilprafen during pregnancy, future mothers leave different reviews: from positive to those where it comes to the appearance of side effects.
Reviews for Wilprafen
Reviews about the drug and its effect on the body indicate that the drug has an effective effect, but sometimes side effects are noted. Reviews with chlamydia, as well as in the treatment of ureplasm, indicate that the symptoms of the diseases disappear within a few days. As side effects, digestive disorders, allergic reactions to the skin are mentioned.
There are positive reviews on Wilprofen Solutab with sinusitis and other infectious diseases. For children, the drug is also prescribed often, its effectiveness is confirmed by experience. Sometimes reviews sometimes mean that after a course of therapy with this medicine, the child develops dysbiosis.
Wilprafen price, where to buy
Pills can be bought at any pharmacy by prescription. The price of Vilprafen 500 mg averages 560-620 rubles. An antibiotic in Ukraine can be bought at a price of 300 UAH. The cost of Vilprafen may vary depending on the point of sale. How much is 500 mg of Vilprofen in Donetsk or in any other city, you can find on the sites of the pharmacy network.
Price Wilprafen Solutab 1000 mg averages 640-680 rubles. The price of the drug in Ukraine (Kharkov and other cities) is from 260 UAH. for 10 tablets.
- Online Pharmacies in Russia
- Online pharmacies in UkraineUkraine
- Online pharmacies in Kazakhstan
- Wilprafen Tab. p.p.o. 500mg n10Dragenopharm Apotheker Pusch GmbH & Co. KG556 rub.order
- Wilprafen gran. d / prg. susp. d / oral 250mg / 5ml fl. 15gFamar Lyon420 rub.order
- Wilprafen gran. d / prg. susp. d / ingestion 125mg / 5ml fl. 15gFamar Lyon391 rub.order
- Vilprafen solutab tab. dispersion. 1g n10Famar Lyon / ZAO ORTAT667 rub.order
- Vilprafen (tab.pl./ab. 500 mg No. 10) 578 rubles to order
- Vilprafen (tab.pl./pr. 500 mg No. 10) 572 rubles to order
- Vilprafen solutab (tab. 1000mg No. 10) 703 rub.order
- Vilprafen solutab (tab. 1000mg No. 10) 688 rub.order
Eurofarm * 4% discount on the promotional code medside11
- Wilprafen granules for the preparation of a suspension of 125 mg / 5 ml 15 g Famar Lyon470 rub.order
- Wilprafen 500 mg n10 tabletTemmler Werke GmbH 621 rub.order
- Wilprafen granules d / suspension 250 mg / 5 ml 15 g Famar Lyon France 560 rub.
- Vilprafen solutab 1000 mg No. 10 tabletFamar Lyon / Ortat CJSC703 rub.order
- Vilprafen-Solutab 1000 mg N10 tablets Famar Lion, France 278 UAH.order
- Wilprafen 500 mg N10 tablets Dragenofarm Apotheker Püsch GmbH, Nimechchina218 UAH order
- Vilprafen tablets Vilprafen solutab tablets. 1000mg No. 10 France, Famar Lyon 288 UAH order
- Wilprafen tablets Wilprafen tablets, film-coated 500mg No. 10 Germany, Dragenopharm 237 грн.order
- Vilprafen Solutab 1000 mg No. 10 tablet disperser. Famar Lyon for Astellas Pharma Europe BV, Netherlands (France) 4 tg. Order
- Wilprafen 500 mg No. 10 tablets of Dragenopharm Apotheker Puschl GmbH (Germany) 3 tg.