One tablet of Fevarin contains: fluvoxamine maleate - 100 or 50 mg.
Excipients: corn starch - 80 or 40 mg; mannitol - 303 or 152 mg; pregelatinized starch - 12 or 6 mg; sodium stearyl fumarate - 3.5 or 1.8 mg; colloidal silica- 1.5 or 0.8 mg.
Shell composition: macrogol 6000 - 2 or 1.5 mg; hypromellose - 5.6 or 4.1 mg; talc - 0.4 or 0.3 mg;titanium dioxide - 2.1 or 1.5 mg.
The drug is absent lactose and sugar.
Tablets, regardless of dosage, are available in blisters for 15 and 20 pieces, in a cardboard bundle of 4, 3, 2 or 1 such a blister.
The drug has antidepressant effect.
Pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics
The drug selectively inhibits reuptake serotonin brain cells and has minimal effect on noradrenergic transmission. It has a weak ability to interact with histaminergic, cholinergic, alpha and beta adrenergic, m-dopaminergic and serotonergic receptors.
When taken orally, it is completely adsorbed from the intestine. The maximum concentration is observed 4-8 hours after administration, the equilibrium concentration is reached after two weeks. Bioavailability - 53% after the initial metabolism in the liver. Food does not affect the pharmacodynamics of Fevarin.
About 80% of the molecules of the active substance bind to blood proteins.
The half-life of blood for a single dose is 13-15 hours, with multiple doses - 17-22 hours.
Fevarin metabolism is localized in the liver. The drug undergoes biotransformation by oxidative demethylation. Metabolites are excreted by the kidneys. Only 2 out of 9 metabolites possess pharmacological activity.
The pharmacokinetics are the same regardless of age and the presence of renal failure. Metabolism may be inhibited in individuals with liver disease.
Indications for the use of Fevarin are reduced to the need for prevention and therapy depressionstreatment obsessive-compulsive symptoms
It is forbidden to prescribe Fevarin simultaneously with MAO inhibitors, tizanidine or ramelteon. You can start treatment with the drug only 14 days after the cancellation of the irreversible MAO inhibitors, and the next day after stopping the use of reverse inhibitors MAO.
Therapy MAO inhibitors start 1 week after Fevarin withdrawal.
The drug is contraindicated in persons with hypersensitivity to malevate fluvoxamine or to any other components of the drug, with severe liver disease and children under eight years of age.
- From the hemopoietic system: bleeding (gastrointestinal, gynecological, ecchymoses).
- From the endocrine system: production imbalance antidiuretic hormone, hyperprolactinemia.
- From the side of nutrition and metabolism: anorexia, hyponatremia, change in body weight.
- From the psyche: hallucinations, mania,suicidal thoughts and behavior.
- From the nervous system: excitement, anxiety, nervousness, insomniadrowsiness, headache, tremor, ataxia, convulsions, serotonin syndrome, paresthesia.
- From the point of view: mydriasis, glaucoma.
- From the cardiovascular system: tachycardia, hypotension.
- From the digestive system: constipation, stomach ache, diarrheanausea dyspepsiaviolation of the liver.
- On the part of the skin: sweating, rash, itching, Quincke's edemaphotosensitization.
- From the musculoskeletal system: pain in the muscles and joints, fractures.
- From the genitourinary system: a variety of urination disorders (urinary retention, incontinence, enuresis and others), late ejaculation, galactorrheaanorgasmiamenstrual disorders.
- Common violations: asthenia,general weakness, withdrawal syndrome.
Discontinuation of treatment fluvoxamine often causes withdrawal syndrome. Drug withdrawal is recommended to be made gradually.
Instructions for use Fevarina
According to the instructions for use of Fevarin, the dosage regimen is set individually in each individual case. Initially, the daily dose of the drug is 50-100 mg (1 or 2 tablets, depending on the dosage). The drug is recommended to be taken at night. If necessary, the daily dose is increased to 150-200 mg. The maximum daily dose is 300 mg. If the daily dose is more than 100 mg, then it must be consumed in two or three doses.
World Health Organization official recommendations recommend continued treatment with drugs from the group antidepressants another 6 months after the symptoms of depression disappear.
Symptoms of an overdose.
- From the digestive system: nausea, diarrheaimpaired hepatic function.
- From the nervous system: cramps, drowsiness, coma, dizziness.
- Heart problems have also been reported: bradycardia, tachycardia, hypotension.
Overdose fatalities fluvoxamineoccur extremely rarely. The highest fixed dose in case of an overdose is 12 grams. The person who took this dose fully recovered.
Treatment. There is no specific antidote. In case of an overdose, it is necessary to rinse the stomach and prescribe symptomatic treatment. Recommended Use activated carbon. Hemodialysis or forced diuresisineffective.
- In conjunction with MAO inhibitors there is a chance of occurrence serotonin syndrome.
- When combined with Alprazolam, Bromazepam, Diazepam the concentration of these drugs in the blood rises, and their negative effects increase.
- While taking with amitriptyline, clomipramine, imipramine, maprotiline, carbamazepine, trimipramine, clozapine, olanzapine, propranolol, theophylline their content in blood plasma increases.
- When used together c Buspirone its effectiveness decreases; from valproic acid - its effects are activated; from warfarin - its concentration and the risk of bleeding increase; from Galantamine - its negative effects are amplified; from haloperidol - increases the lithium content in the blood.
- Use of the medicine with metoclopramide increases the risk of extrapyramidal disorders.
- When combined with quinidine its metabolism is inhibited and clearance decreases.
Terms of sale
The drug is dispensed only by prescription.
Keep out of the reach of children. Store in a dry, dark place at a temperature of less than 20 degrees.
Patients with depressed and other conditions, it is necessary to be constantly monitored by the attending physician until the condition improves.
In persons with hypofunction of the liver or kidneys, treatment should be started with small doses under the supervision of a physician.
Should be carefully prescribed fluvoxamine persons with convulsive syndrome in the anamnesis. If the patient has convulsions, the therapy should be discontinued.
Rare when used fluvoxamine (and other selective serotonin reuptake blockers) may occur hyponatremiathat disappears after discontinuation of the drug. The vast majority of episodes hyponatremia fixed in elderly patients.
The most common negative effect of treatment fluvoxamine nausea and vomiting are present, however they disappear after the first two weeks of therapy.
May cause withdrawal symptoms when stopping treatment fluvoxamine. The most common symptoms observed after withdrawal fluvoxamine: sensitivity disturbance, dizziness, sleep disturbances, irritability, agitation, confusion, headache, emotional instability, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, sweating, heart palpitationsanxiety. As a rule, these phenomena are weakly expressed and disappear on their own. They are observed in the first days after discontinuation of therapy. In this regard, it is advised to slowly lower the dose consumed. fluvoxamine.
Fevarin in a daily dose of 150 mg does not affect the ability to drive a car. However, drowsiness may develop during the treatment period, so you need to be careful until an individual reaction to the drug is examined.
Analogues of FevarinaMatches for ATX Level 4 code:ActaparoxetineLickedFluxenParoxinSurfliftAsentraEliceaFluoxetineLenuxinEscitalopramAdepressSelectraStimulusCitalopramCypramilZoloftParoxetineProzacPaxilRexetin
The most common are Fevarin analogues containing fluvoxamine, as Deprivox and Fluvoxamine Sandoz.
Antidepressant Fevarin is contraindicated in children under 8 years of age.
During pregnancy and lactation
The use of drugs based fluvoxamine, especially in the later stages, can increase the possibility of development persistent pulmonary hypertension in newborns. Therefore, Fevarin should not be used during pregnancy, unless the patient's condition requires therapy with this drug.
A small amount of the drug can pass into breast milk, so the use of the drug for women during lactation is contraindicated.
Reviews of Fevarin
Reviews of patients about Fevarin and reviews of doctors are characterized by extreme inconsistency. The number of negative reviews that can be read on the forums often exceeds the number of positive ones - this is due to the high incidence of side effects. However, there are a sufficient number of patients fully satisfied with the effects of the drug. It should be remembered that Fevarin and alcohol are incompatible, many negative phenomena are caused by their joint use.
The price of Fevarin 50 mg (15 pieces) in Russia is 535-733 rubles, 15 tablets of 100 mg each will cost 715-890 rubles. In Ukraine, the price of Fevarin 100 mg of the same form of release ranges from 75 to 300 hryvnias; to buy tablets with a dosage of 50 mg will cost about two times more.
- Online Pharmacies in Russia
- Online pharmacies in UkraineUkraine
- Online pharmacies in Kazakhstan
- Fevarin tab. p.o. 50mg n15Ebbot Helskea САС / Mylan Laboratoris САС759 rub.order
- Fevarin (tab.pl./v.50mg No. 15) 825 rubles to order
- Fevarin (tab. N / a 100mg No. 15) 975 rubles to order
- Fevarin (tab.pl./ab.100mg No. 15) 966 rubles.order
- Fevarin (tab p / o 50mg No. 15) 788 rubles to order
- Fevarin 100 mg N15 tablets Mailan Laboratorіz SAS, France 400 UAH order
- Fevarin tablets Fevarin tablet 100mg No. 15 France, Mylan Lab. 521 UAH to order
- Fevarin 100 mg No. 15 tablets p.p. Abbott Healthcare SAS (France) 4 tg.