1 dose of aerosol for inhalation Flixotide may contain 50 mcg, 125 mcg, as well as 250 mcg fluticasone propionate.
Excipients include propellant GR106642X.
Flixotide Inhaler may contain 60 doses or 120 doses. As part of the drug is absent freon.
1 nebula (2 ml suspension) for inhalation Flixotide may contain 0.5 and 2 ml fluticasone propionate.
Excipients include: sorbitan monolaurate, polysorbate 20, sodium phosphate monobasic dihydrate, anhydrous dibasic sodium phosphate, as well as sodium chloride and water for injection.
Aerosol for inhalation Flixotide is available in the form of a white suspension, which is placed in a metal inhaler. The inhaler has a concave base and a metering device equipped with a spray. When buying this drug, make sure that there are no visible defects on the surface of the inhaler and valve.
Aluminum inhalers with a metering device and detailed instructions for use are placed in cardboard boxes.
Suspension for inhalation can also be placed 2 ml in nebula, which are 5 pieces are packed in aluminum bags.
Aluminum bags of 2 pieces together with detailed instructions for use are placed in cardboard boxes.
The drug Flixotide is a corticosteroids for inhalation, which has both a pronounced anti-inflammatory and strong anti-allergic effect.
Experts advise using this drug in the course of treatment bronchial asthma at various stages chronic bronchitis, emphysema, as well as other diseases that are caused by airway obstruction.
Pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics
Fluticasone propionate affects the proliferation of not only mast cells, lymphocytes and eosinophils, but also macrophages and neutrophils. Also fluticasone helps to reduce the production of biologically active substances such as histamine prostaglandins, leukotrienes, cytokines, as well as the release of inflammatory mediators.
The drug has shown high efficacy in COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease), which reduces the need for an additional course of GCS in the form of tablets and improves the patient's quality of life.
The systemic effect of fluticasone propionate is negligible: when taken in therapeutic doses, the drug does not affect hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal system.
The peculiarity of this drug is that fluticasone helps to restore patient response to bronchodilators, which can significantly reduce the frequency of their use.
The therapeutic effect after inhalation manifests itself after 24 hours, and reaches its peak after about 2 weeks or more after the start of the drug. The cancellation effect lasts several days.
After inhalation, bioavailability fluticasone propionate reaches 10-30% depending on what type of inhaler is used. The absorption process takes place in the lungs. Please note that part of the dose can be swallowed, but its effect is minimal, as fluticasone poorly soluble in water.
Communication with plasma proteins is quite high and amounts to more than 91%. Fluticasone Propionate It has a large Vd, which reaches 300 liters.
Process metabolism fluticasonein the liver occurs with the participation of CYP3A4. As a result metabolisminactive metabolite.
Fluticasone quite a high plasma clearance is characteristic. It has a mark of 1150 ml / min. T1 / 2 reaches 8 hours. Renal clearance fluticasone varies between 0.1 and 0.2%. The drug is excreted in the urine (less than 5%).
Indications for use
It is recommended to use the drug Flixotide:
- at bronchial asthma (basic anti-inflammatory therapy);
- in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
The use of Flixotide Aerosol is not recommended:
- in acute bronchospasm;
- at asthmatic status (as the main drug);
- at non-asthmatic bronchitis;
- children under the age of 1 year;
- with increased sensitivity to any of the components of the drug.
With extreme caution, Flixotide should be used:
- in treatment courses cirrhosis;
- at glaucoma;
- at hypothyroidism;
- in the presence of systemic infections (bacterial, parasitic, fungal, viral);
- at osteoporosis;
- in treatment courses pulmonary tuberculosis;
- at of pregnancy and during lactation.
Flixotide is used only with long-term treatment. bronchial asthma, and not in order to exclusively stop attacks. To stop strong attacks, experts prescribe inhaled bronchodilators, which have a short action.
It should always be remembered that a sudden and very progressive deterioration asthma can be a serious threat to life. If the need for the use of short-acting bronchodilators increases, you need to see a doctor and review the treatment regimen.
Doctors advise to avoid abrupt cancellation drug Flixotide.
It is imperative to check whether the patient has the skills to use the inhaler correctly.
When transferring patients suffering hormone-dependent bronchial asthma from systemic corticosteroids to fluticasone, special attention should be paid to how the process of restoring the functions of the adrenal glands proceeds.
Regular monitoring of the function of the adrenal cortex and maximum caution in case of lower doses of systemic corticosteroids are required.
Experts recommend that patients gradually reduce the dose of systemic corticosteroids within a week after they are prescribed fluticasone.
Many patients, after they began to reduce the dose of systemic corticosteroids, complain of general malaise, but it should not cause the transition to be canceled if the patient has no signs of adrenal insufficiency.
Recommended for gradual cancellation of systemic corticosteroids in the background fluticasone carry a card on which it will be indicated that in case of a stressful situation, an additional dose of GCS may be urgently needed.
When switching to inhalation therapy, the patient may feel severe discomfort from hypereosinophilia (e.g. from Cherge-Strauss Syndrome), as well as exacerbation of concomitant allergic diseases (for example, allergic rhinitis, eczema).
In order to prevent candidiasis after each use of Flixotide, rinse your mouth with clean water. If necessary, doctors can prescribe medications for local antifungal therapy during treatment.
In order to avoid hoarseness voices, it is necessary after using the drug also to rinse the throat and mouth with clean water.
If during the administration of Flixotide development begins paradoxical bronchospasm, you must immediately stop taking the drug and pick up other medicines. Paradoxical bronchospasm should be stopped as soon as possible using a fast-acting inhaled bronchodilator.
Some patients also complain of a significant increase in blood glucose, and it is recommended to prescribe fluticasone propionate people with diabetes.
Please note that this drug may partially lose its ability when cooled.
With prolonged use of inhaled GCS, the growth dynamics of children should be constantly monitored.
Influence on the ability to drive vehicles and control mechanisms
Flixotide can be used when driving and working with equipment, since its effect on these abilities is minimal.
In the course of treatment with Flixotide, patients may feel discomfort:
- from candidiasis oral cavity and pharynx;
- from hoarseness;
- from paradoxical bronchospasm;
- from the appearance of allergic reactions (skin rash, angioedema, dyspnea or bronchospasm, anaphylactic reactions);
- from a decrease in the function of the adrenal cortex;
- from osteoporosis;
- from growth retardation (in children);
- from cataracts;
- from increase intraocular pressure.
Instructions for use Flixotide
In accordance with the instructions for Flixotide, this drug should not be used to treat children under the age of 1 year.
The recommended dose for children under the age of 4 years is 100 mcg 2 times a day.
In the course of treatment for children over 4 years old, experts recommend using an aerosol that contains 50 mcg fluticasone propionate in 1 dose. 50-100 mcg should be used 2 times a day. The initial dose should be determined by the doctor and it depends on the general condition of the patient. During treatment and taking into account the individual response of the patient to the drug, the dose for inhalation can be either increased or decreased.
Please note that in the treatment of young children, higher doses of the drug are required compared with the doses that are used in the treatment of older children. This is due to the fact that in young children, the intake of the drug is significantly reduced with inhalation due to a smaller lumen of the bronchi, the use of a spacer, as well as intense nasal breathing.
The drug must be administered using an inhaler through a spacer with a mask.
Adults and adolescents over 16 years of age are prescribed from 100 mcg to 250 mcg Frixotide 2 times a day as an initial dose for mild bronchial asthma. With an average course of the disease, it is recommended to take from 250 to 500 mcg 2 times a day. In severe cases of the disease, from 500 mcg to 1000 mcg is prescribed 2 times a day. During treatment, the dose of the drug can vary both in smaller and larger sides.
Flixotide in the nebulas is used both for oral (using the mouthpiece) and nasal (using the facial mask) inhalations. The drug is prescribed in the form of an aerosol from a nebulizer. Only use an inkjet nebulizer and refuse to use ultrasound. If necessary, it is allowed to dilute a suspension of Flixotide in physiological saline sodium chloride before inhalation.
The treatment regimen for children aged 4 to 16 years includes 1 mg fluticasone 2 times a day. Adults and adolescents over 16 years of age are usually prescribed a dose that varies between 0.5 mg and 2 mg of fluticasone 2 times a day. It is recommended to use the maximum dose of the drug for only 7 days after the attack, and then the dose fluticasone need to smoothly reduce.
In acute overdose, a temporary decreased adrenal cortex function. In this situation, most often, emergency therapy is not required due to the fact that the function of the adrenal cortex can be restored within a few days.
Taking Flixotide in large doses for a long time can greatly harm the functions of the adrenal cortex. Very rare, but still present, reports that taking the drug for several years or months provoked the development of children adrenal crisischaracterized by symptoms such as convulsive state, depression of consciousness and hypoglycemia.
Please note that the cause of acute adrenal crisissevere injuries, surgical interventions, infections, as well as a sudden dose reduction fluticasone.
If the patient receives a dose that exceeds the recommended dose, then it must be gradually reduced.
The interaction of Flixotide with other drugs is minimal due to the fact that the concentration fluticasone propionate in blood plasma is quite low.
With extreme caution, Flixotide should be taken in conjunction with CYP3A4 enzyme inhibitors, as this can cause increased systemic exposure to Flixotide.
Terms of sale
Flixotide can be purchased at the pharmacy by prescription.
Regardless of the form in which Flixotide is released, it must be stored in rooms where the temperature does not exceed 25 ° C, away from direct sunlight.
In no case should the medicine be frozen, as it will completely lose its effectiveness.
Nebulas that are removed from the aluminum bag must be used within 28 days and stored exclusively in a place protected from sunlight.
Once the nebula has been opened, it can be stored in an upright position for a maximum of 12 hours at a temperature not exceeding 15 ° C.
Flixotide is stored for 2 years, subject to storage conditions.
AnalogsMatches for ATX Level 4 code:AlvescoBudyonite Steri-NebAsmanexBeclasonBudesonidePulmicortAldecin
At the moment, the most popular analogues of the drug Flixotide are: Soderm, deoxycorticosterone trimethyl acetate and Fluorometholone. Well established also Fluorohydrocortisone Acetate and Dexocort.
The average rating of Flixotide (Flixotide) on the forums is 4.7 on a 5-point scale.
The advantages of the drug visitors to the forums include:
- quick effect;
- easy to use;
- well tolerated;
- what is free to asthmatics.
Nevertheless, reviews of Flixotide also emphasize the disadvantages of the drug:
- high price;
- what is a hormonal drug.
There is no information about Flixotide on Wikipedia.
Each dosage and release form of Flixotide has its own price:
- Aerosol Flixotide 50 mcg (120 doses) can be bought for 435 rubles.
- average price Flixotide 125 mcg (60 doses) is 640 rubles.
- And for 250 mcg aerosol (60 doses) will have to pay an average of 930 rubles.
- 10 Nebulas Flixotide for inhalation 0.5 mg today cost 1570 rubles, and 2 ml - 2280 rubles.
- Online Pharmacies in Russia
- Online pharmacies in UkraineUkraine
- Online pharmacies in Kazakhstan
- Flixotide aerosol. doses. 125mcg / dose 60 doses n1GlaxoSmithKline / Glaxo Wellcome954 rub.order
- Flixotide aerosol. doses. 250 mcg / dose 60 doses n1GlaxoSmithKline / Glaxo Wellcome1491 rub.order
- Flixotide aerosol. doses. 50 mcg / dose 120 doses n1GlaxoSmithKline / Glaxo Wellcome696 rub.order
- Flixotide (aero. 125mkg 60doses) 862 rub.order
- Flixotide aerosol 250mkg 60 doses1238 rub.order
- Flixotide (aero. 50mkg 120doses) 629 rub.order
Eurofarm * 4% discount on the promotional code medside11
- Flixotide inhalation aerosol 125 mcg / dose 60 doses Glaxo Wellcom S.A. 1070 rub.order
- Flixotide Inhalation Aerosol 50 mcg / dose 120 doses Glaxo Wellcom S.A. 711 rub.order
- Flixotide inhalation aerosol 250 mcg / dose 60 doses Glaxo Wellcom S.A. 1499 rub. Order
- Flixotide Nebula 2 mg 2 ml No. 10 suspension GlaxoSmіtKlyayn Australia Ptu Ltd, Australia363 UAH to order
- Flixotide Evohaler aerosol 50 mcg 120 doses of Glaxo Wellcome Production, France / Glaxo Wellcom S.A., Spain164 UAH order
- Flixotide Nebula 0.5 mg / 2 ml 2 ml N10 suspension 247 UAH
- Flixotide Evohaler 125 mcg 120 doses aerosol 269 UAH
- Flixotide liquid Flixotide Nebula susp. d / ing. 0.5mg amp 2ml №10 Australia, GlaxoSmithKline Australia 245 грн. Order
- Flixotide Evohaler aerosol Flixotide Evohaler aer. 125mkg / dose 120 doses France, Glaxo Wellcome Production 284 UAH order
- Flixotide Evohaler aerosol Flixotide Evohaler aer. 50mkg / dose 120 doses France, Glaxo Wellcome Production 190 UAH order
- Flixotide liquid Flixotide Nebula susp. d / ing. 2 mg amp.2ml №10 Australia, GlaxoSmithKline Australia 326 UAH order
- Flixotide 50 mcg / dose 120 doses aerosol. Glaxo Wellcome S.A. (Spain) 3 tg.order
- Flixotide 125 mcg / dose 60 doses aerosol. Dose. Glaxo Wellcome S.A. (Spain) 4 tg.order