The active substance of the drug is levofloxacin. Eye drops and solutionfor internal administration contain the following auxiliary components:
- sodium chlorine;
- deionized water;
- disodium edetate dihydrate.
Pillshave the following additional components:
- iron oxide yellow;
- calcium stearate;
- titanium dioxide.
Form of drug release:
- yellow, round and biconvex pillsin a film coating;
- eye drops;
- solution for internal administration.
A synonym is also known as Levofloxacin Teva, which is available in tablets and is slightly different in composition of excipients.
The drug is a antimicrobial medicine.
Pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics
The cure is antibiotic. Refers to a group fluoroquinolones. The active component of the drug has bactericidal properties. This is due enzyme inhibitionthat are responsible for DNA replication in bacterial cells.
This tool is active against most pathogens. bacterial respiratory infection. Effective in the treatment of infections provoked penicillin-resistant pneumococcus strains, Enterobacter spp., Escherichia coli, Klebsiella spp., Citobacter spp.
Levofloxacin is effective in sinusitis and tuberculosis.
When taken on an empty stomach bioavailability is approximately 100%. If a dosage of 500 mg is taken during a meal, the maximum plasma concentration is reached one hour later.
The medicine is distributed in interstitial fluid and plasma, and also to a large extent accumulates in the tissues. Only 5% of the drug is broken down. The kidneys excrete up to 85%. The elimination half-life is 6-7 hours. But postantibiotic the action lasts 2-3 times longer.
Indications for use
The drug in the form of tablets is used for infectious and inflammatory diseases that are provoked by sensitive microorganisms:
- intraabdominal infection;
- acute sinusitis;
- uncomplicated urinary tract infections;
- aggravation chronic bronchitis;
- community-acquired pneumonia;
- infections of the skin and soft tissues;
- complicated urinary tract infections;
- septicemia or bacteremia.
The solution for internal administration is used for infections of the lower respiratory and urinary tracts, kidneys, skin and soft tissues, ENT organs, genitals.
Eye drops Levofloxacin is prescribed for superficial infections of the eyes of bacterial origin.
This medicine has the following contraindications:
- children's age (up to 18 years);
- negative reactions to the components of the drug;
- renal failure;
- tendon lesions during therapy quinolones;
Carefully antibioticLevofloxacin should be taken by the elderly, as well as those who have a shortage glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase.
Undesirable side reactions when taking this drug are quite numerous. They can develop on the part of various organs and systems.
Most commonly reported diarrheaincreased activity liver enzymesand nausea caused by taking the drug.
Also possible itching, loss appetitevomiting headachenumbness insomniaquantity reduction white blood cells at bloodredness of the skin, digestive problems, pain in the abdomen, dizziness, drowsinessincreasing content eosinophils in the blood, a general feeling of weakness.
In rare cases, reported anaphylactic strong reactions bronchospasmexacerbation porphyriabody trembling hallucinationsexcessive excitement confusion, decreased pressure, muscle pain, increased levels bilirubin and creatinine in the blood, reducing the amount platelet count in blood, urticariablood discharge with diarrhea, increased anxiety, paresthesia on the hands depressioncramps, palpitations, tendonitisjoint pain, decreased number neutrophils in the blood, increased bleeding.
In extremely rare cases, the appearance of edema on the face and throat, blisters on the skin, shock. Possible impaired vision, taste and kidney function, decreased ability to distinguish odors and tactile sensitivity, rupture of tendons, a decrease in the number of all blood cells, the formation of resistant infections, a sharp decrease in pressure, as well as glucose and quantity basophils in blood. In addition, hypersensitivity to the effects of sunlight and ultraviolet radiation may develop. pneumonitis, erythema multiforme exudative, vascular collapse, muscle weakness, hemolytic anemia, fever, vasculitis, Lyell's syndrome, rhabdomyolysis, interstitial nephritis.
In addition to the listed adverse reactions Levofloxacin, as antibioticmay cause dysbiosis, and also lead to increased reproduction of fungi. Therefore, when using it, it is also advisable to take antifungal medicines and products that contain bacteria to normalize intestinal microflora.
Levofloxacin eye drops can cause the following undesirable side reactions:
- education mucous bands in front of the eyes;
- burning in the eyes;
- conjunctival chemosis;
- swelling of the eyelid;
- itching in the eye;
- redness conjunctiva;
- erythema on the eyelids;
- contact dermatitis;
- decreased visual acuity;
- proliferation of papillae on conjunctiva;
- eye irritation;
Instructions for use Levofloxacin (Method and dosage)
For those who take Levofloxacin tablets, the instructions for use report that the medicine is intended for oral use 1-2 times / day. In this case, the tablets can not be chewed, they need to be washed down with water (about 1 glass). May be taken before or during meals. The exact dosage depends on the nature and severity of the disease.
For people with normal or moderately reduced kidney function, the following dosage regimen is indicated:
- aggravation chronic bronchitis- 250/500 mg are prescribed for once-daily use; therapy lasts 7-10 days;
- sinusitis - 500 mg is prescribed for once-daily use, therapy lasts 10-14 days;
- uncomplicated urinary tract infection - 250 mg is prescribed for once-daily use; therapy lasts 3 days;
- community-acquired pneumonia - prescribe 500 mg to be taken 1-2 times a day, therapy lasts 1-2 weeks;
- complicated urinary tract infection- 250 mg is prescribed for once-daily use; therapy lasts 7-10 days;
- prostatitis - prescribe 500 mg once to be taken once a day, therapy lasts 4 weeks;
- skin and soft tissue infections - 250 mg is prescribed to be taken once a day or 500 mg to be taken 1-2 times a day, therapy in both cases lasts 1-2 weeks;
- intraabdominal infection - 250/500 mg are prescribed for once-daily use, therapy lasts 1-2 weeks (in combination with antibacterial agents that affect the anaerobic flora);
- septicemia, bacteremia- 250/500 mg are prescribed for once-daily use; therapy lasts 1-2 weeks.
The instruction for Levofloxacin in the form of a solution for internal administration reports that the drug must be used 1-2 times / day. The medicine is administered drip. If necessary, the solution can be replaced with tablets.
The course of use should not exceed 14 days. It is recommended that therapy be carried out all the time during the illness and another two days after the temperature becomes normal. The usual dosage indicated by the instruction for Levofloxacin is 500 mg. The exact schedule of administration and the desired duration of treatment are determined individually depending on the disease:
- acute sinusitis - the medicine is taken 1 time per day for 10-14 days;
- pneumonia, sepsis - the medicine is taken 1-2 times a day for 7-14 days;
- acute pyelonephritis - the medicine is taken 1 time per day for 3-10 days;
- infection of the skin - the medicine is taken 2 times a day for 7-14 days;
- tuberculosis- the medicine is taken 1-2 times a day for 3 months;
- aggravation chronic bronchitis - the medicine is taken 1 time per day for 7-10 days;
- prostatitis- the medicine is taken 1 time per day for 14 days, then you need to switch to the use of tablets in a dosage of 500 mg according to the same scheme;
- biliary tract infection - the medicine is taken 1 time per day;
- anthrax - the medicine is taken 1 time per day. After the patient's condition stabilizes, you need to switch to application preformed forms of the drug according to the same scheme for another 8 weeks;
- abdominal infection- the medicine is taken 1 time per day for 7-14 days.
For any disease, after normalization, you can switch to taking Levofloxacin in the form of tablets in the same way until the end of the course.
Therapy with this drug should not be stopped in advance, as well as intentionally missed. If a tablet or infusion nevertheless, they were missed, you should immediately take the desired dosage, and then continue treatment in the same mode.
For people with severely impaired renal function creatinine clearanceup to 50 ml / min requires its own application. Depending on the creatinine clearance (QC) treatment regimen may be as follows:
- QC 20 ml / min - 50 ml / min - at the beginning of therapy, 250/500 mg is taken, after which the patient should receive half of the initial dosage, i.e. 125/250 mg every day.
- QC 10 ml / min - 19 ml / min - at the beginning of therapy, 250/500 mg is taken, after which the patient should receive half of the initial dosage, i.e. 125/250 mg once every two days.
During therapy with this drug, it is advisable to avoid exposure to sunlight and not to go to the solarium.
In rare cases, patients may develop tendonitis. At the slightest suspicion of tendon inflammation, stop taking the medicine and start treatment tendonitis.
In addition, the drug can provoke red blood cell hemolysis in case of shortage glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase. So this category of patients should be given with caution, observing the level of bilirubin and hemoglobin.
The drug has a negative effect on speed psychomotor reactions and the ability to concentrate, therefore, when applying it, it is advisable to abandon work requiring careful attention and quick reactions. These activities also include driving cars and servicing machinery.
Eye drops are buried in conjunctival sacin a dosage of 1-2 drops in one or both eyes. This should be done every 2 hours (up to eight times during the day) during the first two days of treatment. After this, another 3-7 days should use the medicine every 4 hours (up to 4 times during the day). In general, the course is designed for 5-7 days.
If it is necessary to additionally apply other medicines for the eyes, a break between instillations of 15 minutes should be observed.
During instillations try to avoid touching the tip of the dropper to the eyelids and tissues near the eyes.
With an overdose of the drug, the most likely adverse reactions from the nervous system: bouts of seizures, dizziness, confusion etc. In addition, they may appear digestive tract disorderselongation Q-T interval, erosive lesions mucous membranes.
Therapy is symptomatic. Dialysis not effective, but specific antidote does not exist.
An overdose of Levofloxacin in the form of drops for the eyes is unlikely. Possible tissue irritation: burning, swelling, lacrimation, redness, pain in the eyes. If these symptoms appear, rinse your eyes with clean water at room temperature. And if adverse reactions are pronounced, you need to contact a specialist.
The effectiveness of the drug is significantly reduced when combined with FROMukrafatas well as antacid drugs that contain aluminum, magnesium and iron salts. Thus, between the receptions of these funds should be an interval of at least two hours.
And if necessary, simultaneous use with vitamin K antagonists blood coagulation should be monitored.
Cimetidine and Probenicide to some extent, slow the excretion of the active substance Levofloxacin. So it is advisable to conduct therapy with this combination of drugs with caution.
To a small extent, the drug also increases the half-life Cyclosporin. A combination with glucocorticosteroids increases the likelihood of rupture of tendons.
When interacting with NSAIDsand Theophylline convulsive readiness increases.
Levofloxacin for infusion combined with the following solutions for internal administration:
- Ringer's solution with dextrose (concentration 2.5%);
- dextrose solution (concentration 2.5%);
- solutions for parenteral nutrition.
Do not mix medicine with solution heparin or sodium bicarbonate.
Clinically significant drug interactions of eye drops with other agents are unlikely.
Terms of sale
Sold by prescription.
Keep the medicine out of the reach of small children and in a dry place, protected from the penetration of sunlight. The optimum temperature is up to 25 ° C.
Store the drug in any form of release for a maximum of 2 years. The bottle with eye drops after opening is suitable for use for 30 days. Do not use the medicine after the expiration date.
Levofloxacin analoguesMatches for ATX Level 4 code:SyfloxHailefloxLeflobactLefoccinGatifloxacinOfloxacinFactTigeronLebelZanocinLomefloxacinElefloxLomfloxPefloxacinTsiprobaySparfloTarividZofloxAbactalMoxifloxacin
Analogues of Levofloxacin - drugs that have another as an active ingredient antibioticsimilar in antibacterial activity. For eye drops, these are the following drugs:
- Ciprofloxacin Bufus;
The analogs of Levofloxacin in the form of tablets and a solution for internal administration are as follows:
- pills - Zarkvin, Xenaquin, Lomacin, Lomflox, Nolicin, Norilet, Norfacin, Oflocide, Oflotsid forte, Sparflo, Tariferid, Fact, Ciprex, Tsiprodoks, Tsipropan, Ecocifol, Gatispan, Loxon-400, Lomefloxacin, Lofoks, Moksimak, Norbactin, Normaks, Norfloxacin, Ofloks, Oflomak, Pleviloks, Sparbakt, Taritsin, Tseprova, Tsipraz, Tsifloksinal;
- tablets and solution for internal administration - Abactal, Geoflox, Ifipro, Oflo, Ofloxin, Pefloxacin, Procipro, Ciplox, Ciprobay, Ciprolet, Ciprofloxacin, Cifran, Avelox, Zanocin, Zoflox, Quintor, Ofloxacin, Tarivid, Ciprobid, Unicpef;
- solution for internal administration - Basigen, Ofloxabol, Ciprolaker, Cipronate, Ciprofloxabol, Cifracid;
- solution and powder for internal administration - Pefloxabol;
- tablets, solution and concentrate for internal administration - Ciprinol.
All these drugs have their own characteristics and pattern of use. Do not use them without a doctor’s prescription. The price of analogues also varies greatly. One of the cheapest is considered Ciprofloxacin, and one of the most expensive - Avelox.
Levofloxacin and alcohol
During drug therapy, it is necessary to abandon alcohol. Levofloxacin and alcohol are not compatible. The medicine exacerbates its effect on the central nervous system, thus, intoxication will be stronger than usual. maybe increased dizziness, confusion, impaired concentration and reaction rate, nausea.
Reviews about Levofloxacin
Opinions about this drug are mostly positive. Patients and doctors characterize it as an effective drug that quickly removes unwanted manifestations of the disease and contributes to recovery.
Negative reviews of Levofloxacin on the forums report mainly on the occurrence of adverse reactions. Patients write about severe weakness, pain in muscles and joints, confusion. The severity of these and other negative manifestations may be different. Nevertheless, even in the event of side effects, people notice a significant improvement regarding the immediate disease from which the drug was taken.
Messages about unwanted reactions of the body when taking this drug are quite common, which should be paid attention to everyone who intends to take the medicine.
Levofloxacin price, where to buy
The price of eye drops, a special solution for iv and tablets in Russia and Ukraine may vary slightly. In pharmacies, this tool is quite common. However, because of its popularity, fakes are often found. In order to buy the original medicine, ask the pharmacy chain employees for a certificate of compliance.
The approximate price of Levofloxacin in the form of eye drops for 1 ml is about 30 rubles, and for 5 ml - about 110 rubles. Kharkov and other large cities of Ukraine offer this tool for approximately 6 UAH. and 25 UAH.
The price of Levofloxacin 500 mg in the form of a solution for internal administration is approximately 175-995 rubles or 40-46 UAH. in Ukraine.
In turn, for Levofloxacin tablets, the price may be as follows:
- 250 mg in a package of 5 pieces - an average of 280 rubles or 55 hryvnias;
- 250 mg in a package of 10 pieces - an average of 400 rubles or 45 hryvnias;
- 500 mg in a package of 14 pieces - an average of 650 rubles or 130 hryvnias;
- 500 mg per pack of 10 pieces - an average of 550 rubles or 90 hryvnias;
- 500 mg per pack of 5 pieces - an average of 370 rubles or 50 hryvnia.
Levofloxacin-Teva in many pharmacies is even more expensive, but it is believed that this drug has the lowest severity of negative adverse reactions.
- Online Pharmacies in Russia
- Online pharmacies in UkraineUkraine
- Levofloxacin tablets p.p. 500mg No. 5 VertexVertex AO394 rub.order
- Levofloxacin tablets p / o captive. 500mg No. 10 OzonOzon OOO320 rub.order
- Levofloxacin tablets p / o captive. 500mg No. 5 OzonOzon OOO219 rub.order
- Levofloxacin tab. n / a captive. 250mg No. 5 Ozone LLC 128 rub.order
- Levofloxacin-teva tab. p.p.o. 500mg n7Teva Pharmaceutical Enterprises Ltd. 323 rub.order
- Levofloxacin (tab.pl./v. 250 mg No. 5) 166 rub.order
- Levofloxacin (tab.pl./pr. 500 mg No. 10) 646 rub.
- Levofloxacin-Teva 500mg tablets number 14634 rub.order
- Levofloxacin (tab.pl./pr. 500 mg No. 5) 401 rub.
- Levofloxacin-Teva 500mg tablets No. 7342 rub.order
Eurofarm * 4% discount on the promotional code medside11
- Levofloxacin-Vertex 500 mg No. 5 tabOzon OOO342 rub.order
- Levofloxacin-Vertex 500 mg No. 10 tabletsVertex CJSC705 rub.order
- Levofloxacin-Teva 500 mg No. 7 tabletsTeva Pharmaceutical Enterprises Ltd.383 rub.order
- Levofloxacin-Vertex 250 mg No. 5 tablets Vertex Joint-Stock Company161 rub.order
- Levofloxacin-Vertex 250 mg No. 10 tabletsVertex CJSC534 rub.order
- Levofloxacin Aurobindo 5 mg / ml 100 ml No. 1 Aurobindo Pharma Ltd., India 81 UAH order
- Levofloxacin 0.5% 150ml solution for infusion ZAT "Infusiya", Ukraine111 UAH order
- Levofloxacin 250 mg No. 10 tablets PrAT "Technologist", metro station Uman, Cherkasy region, Ukraine75 uah.
- Levofloxacin-Astrafarm 500 mg No. 7 tablets TOV "Astrafarm", Ukraine70 UAH order
- Levofloxacin-Astrafarm 500 mg No. 14 tablets TOV "Astrapharm", Ukraine114 UAH order
- LEVOFLOXACACIN tablets Levofloxacin tablets, film-coated 500mg No. 10 Ukraine, Health LLC 145 UAH order
- LEVOFLOXACACIN tablets Levofloxacin coated tablets 500mg No. 10 Ukraine, Technologist PJSC 122 UAH to order
- Levofloxacin infusion Levofloxacin rn d / inf. 500mg 100ml India, Eurolife Healthcare 90 UAH order
- LEVOFLOKSATSIN infusion Levofloxacin solution 0.5% 100ml Ukraine, Infusion CJSC 71 UAH order
- LEVOFLOXACACIN tablets Levofloxacin coated tablets 250mg No. 10 Ukraine, Technologist PJSC 82 UAH to order