Rosart contains the active substance rosuvastatin in the amount of 5.10, 20 and 40 milligrams, as well as excipients:
- microcrystalline cellulose;
- calcium hydrogen phosphate dihydrate;
- lactose monohydrate;
- magnesium stearate.
Rosart Tablet Shell consists of:
- titanium dioxide;
- lactose monohydrate;
- 5 milligram tablets white color, round in a film shell. On one side is marked ST 1.
- 10 milligram tablets pink, round in a film sheath. On one side is marked ST 2.
- 20 milligram tablets pink, round in a film sheath. On one side is marked ST 3.
- 40 milligram tablets pink, oval in a film sheath. On one side is marked ST 4.
Rosart belongs to the class of drugs statinsused to treat high cholesterol and related conditions, and to prevent cardiovascular disease.
Pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics
Rosart is a selective and competitive inhibitor of HMG-CoA reductase, which limits enzymes in cholesterol synthesis. It increases the number of hepatic LDL receptors on the cell surface, increasing the uptake and catabolism of LDL. It also reduces apolipoprotein B, triglycerides and increases HDL.
At 1 week of taking the drug, the active substances are not completely absorbed and absorbed in the gastrointestinal tract. Bioavailability is approximately 20%. The maximum plasma concentration is reached 5 hours after oral administration.
Protein binding is 90%. Metabolism is carried out in the liver. Excretion with feces (90% of the oral dose) after approximately 19 hours (elimination half-life).
Indications for use
Rosart is indicated for use with:
- Hypercholesterolemiathe second type according to the classification of Fredrickson (a state of pre-disease, which, without proper treatment, can develop into atherosclerosis), including a heterozygous form (hereditary) or a mixed form (combined) of hyperlipidemia. The drug is used in combination with other non-drug measures aimed at reducing body weight and blood cholesterol.
- Hypertriglyceridemia the fourth type according to the classification of Fredrickson. The drug is used in combination with a diet developed by a nutritionist.
- The need to reduce the pace of development atherosclerosis. The drug is used as a supplement to the diet in people for whom the specialist has already prescribed therapeutic measures to reduce the levels of total cholesterol and LDL cholesterol.
- For the prevention of development diseases of the cardiovascular system, as well as their complications - myocardial infarction, stroke, coronary heart disease.
Rosart medicine has several serious contraindications:
- intolerance to any ingredient of the drug;
- active liver disease or unexplained functional abnormalities of the liver;
- pregnancy planning;
- age up to 18 years;
- renal failure and impaired renal function.
Rosart should be used with great care if:
- if the patient is prescribed therapeutic treatment with medications;
- if the patient uses alternative medicine methods (treatment with homeopathic remedies, herbs, etc.);
- at regular muscle cramps;
- at low blood pressure;
- with severe infectious diseases;
- for violations thyroid function;
- at diabetes;
- at dehydration;
- with excessive physical exertion.
Side effects are rare. The following side effects should be reported to your doctor if they persist or worsen:
- trouble sleeping;
- joint pain
- memory loss or forgetfulness;
- confusion of consciousness.
The following side effects are more serious. If available, you must stop taking Rosart and consult a doctor immediately. These adverse reactions include:
- muscle pain or weakness;
- chest pain;
- yellowing of the skin or eyes;
- dark urine;
- pain in the right upper abdomen;
- extreme fatigue;
- unusual bleeding or bruising;
- loss of appetite;
- flu-like symptoms;
- sore throat, chills, or other signs of infection.
If any signs of an allergic reaction develop, you should contact emergency medical care immediately:
- difficulty breathing or swallowing;
- edema face, throat, tongue, lips, eyes, arms, legs, ankles or lower legs;
- numbness or tingling in the fingers and toes.
Instructions for use Rosart
In the instructions for use, Rosart 10 mg says that the drug is taken orally without prior grinding. Drink the drug with a sufficient amount of liquid, preferably water. Taking pills is independent of food intake.
According to Rosart's instructions for use, 10 milligrams, the drug should be taken with a minimum dosage of 5 milligrams or 10 milligrams, even if high doses of other statins were previously taken. The choice of initial dosage depends on:
- cholesterol level;
- level of risk of a heart attack or stroke;
- susceptibility to the components of the drug.
With an initial dosage of 5 milligrams, the doctor can double this dose to 10 milligrams, and then increase to 20 milligrams and 40 milligrams, if necessary.
Four weeks should elapse between each dose adjustment. The maximum daily dosage is 40 milligrams. This dose is prescribed only to patients with high cholesterol and with a high risk of heart attack or stroke, where a dosage of 20 milligrams is sufficient to lower blood cholesterol.
When prescribing a drug to reduce risk heart attackstroke or their
relevant health problems, the recommended daily dose is 20 mg. The dosage may be reduced if the patient has symptoms that are on the list of contraindications.
Dose for children aged ten to seventeen years old - the usual initial dosage is 5 milligrams, the maximum daily dose is 20 mg. The drug should be taken once a day.
Rosart medicine, according to the instructions for use, in a dosage of 40 mg is not recommended for children.
Symptoms of an overdose of Rosart are similar to symptoms of a side effect of the drug. If they are severe, you need to seek help from a specialist who will prescribe symptomatic treatment.
In this case, hemodialysis will be ineffective.
Interaction with other drugs
Rosart, while taking with certain drugs, can provoke the manifestation of undesirable reactions:
- Rosart's reception with Cyclosporine - the last drug stimulates a multiple increase in systemic exposure rosuvastatin, therefore, patients who are prescribed Cyclosporine treatment should take Rosart in the minimum dosage - no more than 5 milligrams per day.
- Hemofibrozil (Gemfibrozil) - significantly increases the systemic exposure of rosuvastatin. Due to the observed increased risk of myopathy / rhabdomyolysis, combination therapy of Rosart and Gemfibrozil should be avoided. The maximum dosage should not exceed 10 milligrams per day.
- Protease inhibitors - the combined use of Rosart with certain protease inhibitors in combination with ritonavir has various effects on rosuvastatin, and more precisely on the effect of the substance on the body. Protease Inhibitors in Combinations: lopinavir / ritonavir and atazanavir / ritonavir can increase the systemic exposure of rosuvastatin up to three times. For these combinations, the dose of Rosart should not exceed 10 milligrams once a day.
Terms of sale
The drug is dispensed in pharmacies by prescription with the appropriate seal.
Rosart should be stored in a dark place at a temperature not exceeding 30 ° Celsius.
The shelf life of the drug is 36 months.
Analogs of RosartMatches for ATX Level 4 code:AkortaAtomaxLipitorPravastatinSimvastolAriesSimgalTulipLovastatinLiptonormRosulipZokorTevastorLiprimarSimvastatinAtorisVasilipRosucardRoxerRosuvastatin
This drug has a fairly large group of analogues that coincide in composition and amount of active substance. Their list includes:
Rosart also has analogues that match the pharmacological group (statins). These include:
Attention: the price of analogues can be very different from the cost of the drug.
Today on the Internet you can find a large number of reviews about Rosarte. I would like to draw attention to the reviews of doctors who, due to their high qualifications and wide experience in the treatment of diseases associated with high cholesterol, characterize this drug as quite complex.
Experts warn patients and colleagues against unsystematic administration of tablets, since improper treatment can lead to the development of more complex diseases. The drug has a lot of side effects, and several cases of rhabdomyolysis have been reported.
Patients, in turn, express full satisfaction on the forums with the effect of the Rosart drug. Many write that after taking this drug, they did not experience any adverse reactions, and their health improved significantly.
As for the cost of tablets, it depends on the content of the active substance in them (mg) and the number of tablets themselves in the package.
For example, a tablet of 10 milligrams of 30 pieces in a package costs about 509 rubles, but the price of Rosart with the same content of active substance, but 90 pieces in a package is twice as high - about 1190 rubles.
Rosart 20 mg 90 pieces per pack costs about 1,500 rubles.
- Online Pharmacies in Russia
- Online pharmacies in UkraineUkraine
- Online pharmacies in Kazakhstan
- Rosart Tab. p.p.o. 10mg n30Actavis LTD505 rub.order
- Rosart Tab. p.p.o. 20mg n90Actavis LTD1717 rub.order
- Rosart Tab. n / a captive. 5mg No. 90Actavis LTD926 rub.order
- Rosart Tab. p.p.o. 40mg n30Actavis LTD985 rub.order
- Rosart Tab. p.p.o. 20mg n30Actavis LTD733 rub.order
- Rosart (tab. N / a 20mg No. 30) 779 rubles to order
- Rosart (tab. N / a 5mg No. 90) 973 rubles to order
- Rosart (tab. N / a 40mg No. 30) 1058 rub.order
- Rosart tablets 20mg No. 901781 rub. Order
- Rosart (tab. N / a 5mg No. 30) 406 rub.order
Eurofarm * 4% discount on the promotional code medside11
- Rosart 10 mg No. 90 tabletsActavis Ltd1490 rub.order
- Rosart 20 mg No. 90 tabletsActavis Ltd 2150 rub.order
- Rosart 20 mg No. 30 tabletActavis Ltd899 rub.order
- Rosart 10 mg No. 30 tabletActavis Ltd250 rub.order
- Rosart 5 mg No. 90 tabletsActavis Ltd 940 rub.order
- Rosart 10 mg No. 30 tablets Actavis Ltd, Malta122 UAH order
- Rosart 10 mg No. 90 tablets Actavis Ltd, Malta322 UAH
- Rosart 20 mg No. 90 tablets Actavis Ltd, Malta499 UAH order
- Rosart 40 mg No. 30 tablets Actavis Ltd, Malta178 UAH order
- Rosart 20 mg No. 30 tablets Actavis Ltd, Malta179 UAH
- Rosart tablets Rosart tablets PO 20mg No. 90 Malta, Actavis 550 UAH
- Rosart tablets Rosart tablets PO 10mg No. 90 Malta, Actavis 338 UAH
- Rosart tablets Rosart tablets PO 40mg No. 30 Malta, Actavis 261 UAH
- Rosart tablets Rosart tablets PO 20mg No. 30 Malta, Actavis 195 UAH
- Rosart tablets Rosart tablets PO 40mg No. 90 Malta, Actavis 938 UAH
- Rosart 10 mg No. 30 tablet p.p.Actavis Ltd (Malta) 1 tg.order
- Rosart 20 mg No. 30 tablet p.p. Actavis Ltd (Malta) 3 tg.